Professor Georges Affaki is a Chartered Arbitrator, a member of the ICC International Court of Arbitration, and a member of the Panels of Arbitrators and of Conciliators of ICSID.
Empaneled as arbitrator with the leading international arbitral institutions on five continents:
- Abu Dhabi Commercial Conciliation and Arbitration Centre (ADCCAC).
- Asian International Arbitration Centre (AIAC).
- Australian Centre for International Commercial Arbitration (ACICA).
- Bahrain Chamber for Dispute Resolution (BCDR-AAA).
- Cairo Regional Centre for International Commercial Arbitration (CRCICA).
- Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (CIArb).
- Dubai International ArbitrationCentre (DIAC).
- Hong Kong International Arbitration Centre (HKIAC).
- International Centre for Dispute Resolution (ICDR).
- International Chamber of Commerce (ICC).
- International Centre for Settlement of Investment Disputes (ICSID) Panel of Arbitrators and Panel of Conciliators.
- Japan Commercial Arbitration Association (JCAA) .
- Jerusalem Arbitration Centre (JAC).
- Korean Commercial Arbitration Board (KCAB).
- London Court of International Arbitration (LCIA).
- Pacific International Arbitration Center (PIAC).
- Permanent Court of Arbitration (PCA).
- P.R.I.M.E. Finance.
- Russian Arbitration Association (RAA).
- Saudi Centre for Commercial Arbitration (SCCA).
- Singapore International Arbitration Centre (SIAC).
- Tehran Regional Arbitration Centre (TRAC).
- Thailand Arbitration Centre (THAC).
- Vienna International Arbitration Centre (VIAC).
- World Intellectual Property Organisation (WIPO).
Professor Georges Affaki is a Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (CIArb) and a Fellow of the Australian Centre for International Commercial Arbitration (ACICA). He was listed by Chambers amongst the Most in Demand Arbitrators in France and by Euromoney in the Guide to the World’s Leading Commercial Arbitration Lawyers Chosen by their Peers.
A selection of Professor Affaki’s representative arbitral appointments are included in his arbitrator’s CV available above for downloading. Professor Affaki is currently leading or serving on task forces for the revision of the rules of several arbitral institutions. For more details, please see his CV above or contact him directly.
French Committee on Arbitration
Chairman of a bipartisan (banker-arbitrator) international working group on arbitration in banking and financial matters. The Group presented publicly its report at a hearing at the Court of Appeal of Paris on 26 June 2014.
View Report (in French)
ICC Commission on Arbitration and ADR
Co-chairman of the Task Force on Financial Institutions and International Arbitration (officially launched on 30 June 2014).
Other ADR Projects
- Leading the revision of the PRIME Finance Arbitration Rules, and member of both the Task Force for the revision of the DIAC Arbitration Rules and the SCCA rule revision Advisory Committee.
- Chairman of the ICC Documentary Dispute Resolution by Expertise (DOCDEX) rules revision group, a joint task force between the Commission on Arbitration and the Banking Commission. Rules unanimously adopted by the ICC Arbitration Commission on 18 October 2014 in Tokyo, by the ICC Banking Commission on 6 November 2014 in Istanbul and entered into force on 1 May 2015.
Chairman of the Working Group on Applicable Law and Dispute Resolution in Islamic Finance. The Group delivered its report in June 2009. The report was translated into English and Arabic and has been the subject of a number of articles and comments in law reviews.
View Islamic Finance Report (English)
View Islamic Finance Report (French)
View Islamic Finance Report (Arabic)
International Swap and Derivatives Association (ISDA)
Advisor to the ISDA Financial Law Reform Committee on the ISDAfied arbitration clauses, adopted in 2013 as supplement to the ISDA Master Agreement for derivatives. Member of the ISDA Arbitration Group.